I sometimes wish we could be done talking about the Earthquake. I wish we could just move on. I wish that it could be done with, in the past tense, but the truth of the matter is that the Earthquake has become a part of who I am, who we all are here in Haiti. As most of you know in April I was experiencing some pretty bad anxiety, still couldn’t sleep inside and was experiencing symptoms of PTSD. After a few months of therapy and rest in Texas I came back thinking I was “healed”. Adjusting back to life in Haiti has gone relatively smoothly. I am not going to lie, I have definitely had my ups and downs; there have been days I’ve felt overwhelmed or frustrated but my anxiety had been under control, until this weekend. I don’t know what changed or why all of a sudden I was losing control but for the past 5 days I have been having intense panic attacks numerous times every day. The attacks have been more intense and happening more frequently than ever before. I did my best to keep this t...
Comments
Post a Comment